Title: Production Scheduler
Reports to: Operations Director
We are an independent kitchen design, manufacture and installation company based in Bristol supplying clients throughout the UK. With sustainability at our core, we pride ourselves in continuously striving for a better future.
Our award-winning kitchens are created with the highest quality and from the most sustainable materials. We have an ambitious growth plan and the newly formed Production Scheduler role is key to our future development.
About the Role:
The role consists of leading the Purchasing and Planning function at Sustainable Kitchens, interfacing with Production, Design and Project management functions. Being a primary point of contact within the business, the role will manage the Master Production Schedule making sure projects are delivered on time, within budget and exceeding customer expectations.
– Primary Focus: 6-week firm + 6-week tentative planning and procurement window.
– Complete the day-to-day scheduling of component materials required for the manufacture and assembly of kitchen projects.
– Interface with material suppliers to procure and schedule orders in line with contracts and specifications, expedite deliveries, and manage the return and replacement of reject materials when needed.
– Expedite material purchase orders in a timely manner to support schedule demand.
– Fully utilise MS Project to effectively manage and communicate the production planning and material scheduling activities in line with the delivery/installation schedule.
– Work alongside the wider Operations team, including Production, Project Management and Installation to ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, at the right quality, and at the right cost
– Manage the planning/scheduling activities so that scheduled material demand and sub-contract activities are processed in a timely manner in order to support customer demand.
– Interface with Production to communicate planned material delivery status to support the meeting of customer demand.
– Re-assess and re-plan the manufacturing/installation schedule to meet changing customer demand.
– Attend daily production meetings and operations planning meetings to communicate schedule and planned material delivery status.
– Communicate with the Accounts Department to support the resolution of invoice/delivery queries where required.
– Assist Accounts to process supplier invoices and the payment of direct purchases as required, using BACS.
– Manage key system material planning parameters to enable the effective communication and utilisation of material lead-times, MOQ’s, replenishment quantities etc.
– Lead the active management of business inventory, seeking to maintain optimum levels to minimise cashflow impact whilst maximising availability. Perform stock takes with assistance to achieve this goal.
– Manage the return and replacement of reject materials with suppliers as required.
– Report and manage supplier On Time in Full delivery performance.
– Previous experience in a similar role essential – preferably in a similar project-based manufacturing role, ideally serving the small build construction environment.
– A high level of competency and experience of working with MS Project and Excel based systems.
– Knowledge of Solidworks or similar 3D CAD systems is desirable.
– An understanding of Lean principles would be an advantage.
– Experience of working in a woodworking environment is desirable but not essential.
– Higher level of education – degree preferred.
– Willingness to work as part of a small, multi-disciplined team essential, embracing the need to collaborate, challenge and communicate with humility and emotional intelligence.
– The ability to identify what needs to be done to achieve objectives, prioritise key issues and plan ahead to ensure desired targets are achieved.
– Contractual awareness.
– Work with a strong bias for action and a desire to meet deadlines.
– Flexibility to carry out additional or alternative duties as necessary to meet the Company’s needs
Remuneration: £25,000-£30,000 per annum
Holidays: 22 days plus statutory holidays initially, with additional days depending on length of service
Pension: Employer contribution of 3% of salary through Peoples Pension.
Please email Jobs@sustainablekitchens.co.uk with your CV and a covering letter about why you would like to work for Sustainable Kitchens