POSITION OPEN –
Job Title: Experienced Cabinet Maker and Installer
Reports to: Workshop Manager
Location: Based in Bristol, with some working away when installing.
We are an independent kitchen design, manufacture and installation company based in Bristol, working throughout the UK. We trade as Sustainable Kitchens and Honest Kitchens under the overall business name of Honest Living Limited. Our award-winning kitchens are created with the highest quality and most sustainable materials.
This is a very exciting opportunity for a skilled maker to join a small company with big ambitions. You will work with a tightly-knit team of skilled joiners and furniture makers in our busy joinery workshop. You will be part of a highly motivated business with a passion for quality and environmental responsibility.
We are looking for a skilled individual with at least 2 to 3 years experience, who can work efficiently to a high standard. Most of your time will be spent in our Bristol workshop, but the job will also involve working on-site installations. A lot of our clients are in and around Bristol but some jobs will involve staying further afield from time to time.
- Manufacture kitchen furniture from the most advanced and unique pieces of furniture to everyday cabinets and components.
- Carry out a wide range of manufacturing processes, including manual handling of materials, the safe use of large joinery machinery (such as a planer, thicknesser, table saw and spindle moulder) and use a wide range of hand and power tools.
- Always maintaining attention to detail, quality control, and safe working practices.
- Set and calibrate machines for optimum working
- Participate in the development and proving of new products
- Assist the Workshop Manager to ensure that targets and deadlines are met.
- Work with the team to improve lean manufacturing processes
- Assist with onsite installations when required (including staying away, often in London, from time to time)
Skills and Experience
- Joinery/cabinet making experience for at least 2 – 3 years
- Experience of working from CAD drawings, computerised and written plans
- Experience of working with a wide range of woodworking machinery
- Quality and productivity focused
- Knowledge of finishes, oils, paints and varnishes
- Understanding of timbers and materials
- Experienced in installations.
- Able to work as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Loves challenges
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Willingness to occasionally stay away from home when installing
Remuneration: £19,000 to £26,000 depending on experience
Working week: Shift pattern 9 day fortnight
2 x weeks 6am-2pm (Monday-Friday
2 weeks 1:30pm-9.30pm (Monday – Thursday)
Holidays: 19 days plus statutory holidays on shift work, rising with length of service
Pension: Employer contribution of 3% of salary through Peoples Pension
Other Details: On-site parking. All tools and PPE provided
Please email [email protected] with your CV and a covering letter about why you would like to work for Sustainable Kitchens.
Issue date: August 2020
Interviews: Ongoing by application
Start Date: ASAP